Author interview: Akanksha Mishra

[Author AKanksha Mishra ]

 A Day with Author Akanksha Mishra 



Hi, I'm Subhajit Panda. Today Ms. Akanksha Mishra is along with me. She is the author of  'Two Shades Of Yellow' .  Akansha lives in Allahbad with her parents. She is a student & passionate about singing and dancing. She writes poems and short stories and wants her debut novel to reach the hearts of millions of readers.

Let's have a chat.



Q.1. When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer?

Ans- In my school days when I was 12th standard. I was sure that one day I’ll write a book.

Q.2. When did you write your first story on a notebook/diary. And how old were you then?

Ans- I was in 9th standard when I started maintaining a diary and I was just 13 year old.

Q.3. Where do the writing ideas come from? Any real inspiration?

Ans- I got inspiration in presence of nature around me. Anything inspire me where I am present at that moment.

Q.4. What are common traps for aspiring writers?

Ans- The main trap is whether people are going to like the storyline or not.
The constant struggle and distractions are also major common traps for a writer.

Q.5. Does a big ego help or hurt writers?

Ans- Big ego mostly tend to hurt writers because we need to be very basic and conneccted to people around us.

Q.6. What is your writing Kryptonite?

Ans- A thought of acceptance of book cause most people don’t like a girl to talk about these issues as it becomes
Embarrassment easily rather than acceptance towards change.


Q.7. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?

Ans- As I was very new to this field. I did my research before give it a start.
 I observed things around me, how women dealt with their issue and more.
 In continuous to research part I do read artice about the subject, goes through internet if something
 Published about it or not. I did a lot home work on women issues before writing my first book.

Q.8. What’s your favourite under-appreciated novel?

Ans-I mostly read famous writers and till I don’t find any under- appreciated.

Q.9. Tell us about your novel.

Ans- My novel is an Indian girl story and all the struggles of women’s life,
 like gender inequality, Child abuse, mental harassment, society pressure, objectification,
Eve teasing, barrier in career of women in a perfect Blend of my character life.


Q.10. Any message in your novel that you hope readers will grasp?

Ans- The main message is for parents to understand their daughters and stop letting them
 A victim of molestation, under confidence, depression, loneliness and to maintain a good
 Communication between parents and child and the boys who loves a girl you need to understand
 Her before making any judgement.

Q.11. Your next project?

Ans- I can’t tell you clearly now but I am working on different genre from my first book.

Q.12. Best moment in your life.

When I hold my first book in my hands.

Q.13. Did you face any difficulties regarding publishing your book?

Not really, It was the great experience to publish with notion press.

Q.14. Your inspiration?

No one as exact but I want to do better always than my previous version. So I choose to work
 For betterment and it’s the only inspirations.

Q.15. Your favorite quote. And why it is your favorite one?

“When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen.”
This quote is my favourite because in our country a lot of people like society,
parents and elders (not in every case but mostly in best of my knowledge) who try to drive your
Life of youth and most of the people from different age groups by their old values, dignity and terms.


Thank you so much Akanksha Mishra for giving us your valuable time & sharing your thoughts. I would request all the readers to read her book for once and give feedback to her book so that she can get encouragement to write more in future.


Comments